2012/07/02

Children’s Activities July 1, 2012


1st Session – Grades 2 & 3

Time: 8:30am – 10:00am

 Attendance: 1) Eric 2) Gabriel 3) Sarah 4)Daniel and 5)Hanna

 Report

We had visitors namely Hiro and Ms. Eiko.

 
I let Gabriel lead the prayer “Our Father” as our opening prayer.

 

Hiro introduced himself to the children. His talent was playing the guitar. The children ask him so many questions. They also ask him to perform.

 Our topic was about The Alphabet and Story Telling – The Ant and the Grasshopper.

We say the alphabet together and I taught how to pronounce correctly. I let each and everyone read the book, 1 page per scholar. Daniel, Gabriel and Eric needs to read more often because they cannot pronounce well and they stammer when reading. Sarah was just okey. But I was amazed with Hanna because she reads well and straight. I asked her what is her secret that she reads so well? She told everyone that at home, she always read her books. We clapped our hands for Honey. It is a job well done. Afterwards, I let the children write down the alphabet on their notebook, the capital letter and its small letter. Whoever is finished, he or she can eat his or her snack which is everyone’s favorite “spaghetti”. Indeed it was Sarah who finished first, then Eric, next was Hanna and then Daniel. Gabriel was the last one to finish because he has to do his work all over again.

 

I let Daniel lead the closing prayer. I also performed for them a song playing the guitar. Afterwards, Mr. Kazu took a picture of us with the guests. I thanked Ma. A.M and C.G who helped me prepare their snacks.  

At 10:00 the class was dismissed.



 

 

2nd  Session – Grades 4 to 6

Time: 10:30am – 12:30pm

 Attendance: Jack, Fortune, Drothy, Anna, Lily, Nikky, Charles, Jack, Maik, Ava
 (Rachel was absent because his father died of cardiac arrest last June 30.)

 
Report

We started at exactly 10:30am. Dorothy, Anna and Fortune lead the prayer. We prayed 1 Our Father and 3 Hail Mary and 1 Glory Be of the eternal repose of Rachel’s father.

 Hiro introduced himself  to the children. Children asked many questions to Hiro. Again he was asked to perform his talent playing the guitar. He performed for the second time.

 
Our topic for today was about Cleanliness. We read the book and sight other examples on cleanliness. Everybody was very excited to answer all my questions. I then inspected their nails on their fingers and feet. Majority, their nails are dirty. So I got my nailcutter and let them cut their nails and clean them. I told them to brush their toenails while taking a bath in the morning. I also told them that next Sunday, I will inspect their nails again.

I also asked them how many times they brush their teeth? They answered 2 times. Luckily, they are brushing their teeth in the office during lunch time after eating. If they have no classes and they are in their homes, they forget to brush their teeth. I reminded them to always brush their teeth 3 times a day, every after meals.

Afterwards, I taught them some few dance steps like point the toe, then bend the knee, sway the shoulder and head up. They all were complaining because it was difficult to perform. So I let the girls form a big circle then perform the dance steps I taught them. Then I put some music so that it will be nice to dance. “My toes, my knees, my shoulder, my head”. It was a kindergarten song that made them laugh at the difficult dance steps that I teach them. Next to perform were the boys. Same dancesteps and song. They were now all smiling.
 

Then they were excited about their snacks. Spaghetti was everyone’s favorite. The mothers who helped us was amazed that I prepared them with no seasonings and catsup. They learned something while helping. Even Mr.Kazu, Hiro and Ms.Eiko ate all their spaghetti. All the children asked for the second round of spaghetti. I understand them because it was 12:00noon, time fior lunch.The children then washed their plates, fork and tumbler then brushed their teeth.

 

For our closing prayer, everybody squat on the floor and sang the “Our Father” prayer.  

We all pose for a picture with Ms. Eiko and Hiro while Mr. Kazu was taking our pictures.


 

 

I bade them goodbye but they stayed in the office singing with Hiro, playing touch ball, playing badminton and some are wrestling. They were very happy to play with Mr. Kazu and Hiro.

 

We then pose with our visitors while Mr. Kazu takes pictures of 5 cameras that flashed in front of us.

 

At 1:15pm they all went home. Some are being fetched by their parents.

 

  
3rd  Session – High School

Time: 2:00pm – 4:00pm

 

Attendance: Ashley, Chloe, Andrew and Kayla.

(Kayla arrived at 2:30pm because it was raining so hard.)

 
We started at 2:00pm. Ashley lead the opening prayer “Our Father”.

 Hiro introduced himself to the high school scholars. As usual, they ask him questions and got to perform his talent for the 3rd time.

 

Cleanliness was our topic. I let them read the book about cleanliness. Everybody took turn in reading. Every page, I explained to them why we should observe cleanliness starting with our body. I inspected all their fingernails. Ashley has dirty fingernails. She cut her nails and save them on the opened book but then later, she threw them on the floor. It is very ironic and our visitors were laughing because where is cleanliness there? So I told Ashley to throw the nails to the garbage can. Chloe has long nails and some are dirty. So she decided to cut her fingernails. This time she threw it on the garbage. Andrew has short fingernails because he was biting them. Kayla was also cutting her fingernails because they don’t have a nailcutter in their house. Ms. Eiko donated a body brush that you can use with your nails. Ashlay was using the brush on her skin while listening to me. She commented that she will be whiter if she brushes them on her skin. I corrected her that it will do you no good if you don’t use soap and water. And everybody laughed. When they were finished, Snacks was served. Everybody loved spaghetti!

 
Kayla lead the closing prayer.

At 3:50pm, the children went home.

                                                                       

 

No comments:

Post a Comment